Music Tutor Application
MUSIC TUTORS WANTED!
We are looking to recruit a new team of music tutors to lead and deliver the NEW NOISE MUSIC CENTRE, a brand new music centre set to launch at Future Yard on Saturday mornings from January 2022.
NEW NOISE MUSIC CENTRE is a collaboration between Future Yard and Edsential (Wirral’s Music Education Hub) and will feature a programme for teenagers across contemporary music genres, teaching guitar, drums, DJing and electronic music with a strong focus on collaboration and composition. Initially focusing on school years 10 and 11, the ambition is to create a music centre which provides an opportunity for students to experiment across a range of instruments and techniques in small group and workshop settings. Initially, you will be working with a small team of music tutors on Saturday mornings during term time at Future Yard. There may be opportunities to increase the number of days and extend delivery to schools and other settings across Wirral and Cheshire West & Chester.
We are looking for excellent musicians with equally good communication and teaching skills who aim to inspire and enthuse young people with a love of music and instil the ability to take part in music making for the rest of their lives. Successful candidates will possess relevant qualifications, have current music industry experience and demonstrate a desire to learn and to develop professionally. The ability to work on your own initiative, but also as part of a team to deliver collective success is essential. If you have experience of working with young people, are positive, creative, professional and a have a passion for the music industry, we want to hear from you.
We are particularly looking for people who can:
* Demonstrate their skills and/or experience in any contemporary musical instrument or genre(drums, guitar, keyboard, vocal, DJ, music production, technology);
* Plan educational activities to enable progression for individuals and groups of pupils;
* Draw on previous experiences of working with young people aged 11-18, in a range of music, education and music industry settings;
* Communicate at all levels, particularly with young people;
* Work on own initiative, but also as part of a team;
* Understand how music education and musical experience improves outcomes for young people.
Applications must be made via Edsential –
Location: Future Yard, 75 Argyle Street, Birkenhead, CH41 6AB
Wage: £28,000 pro-rated.
Hours: Saturday Mornings during term time 9am to 12.30pm
Closing Date: 5th November 2021
Interviews: Week commencing 15th November 2021