SOUND CHECK PROGRAMME LEAD TUTOR
Full-time, part-time and flexible working patterns available
Salary: £27,000 PA
Fixed term: 12 months
Based between: Future Yard, 75 Argyle Street, Birkenhead, CH41 6AB and Liverpool city centre
Closing date: 19th August 2022 (midnight)
Interviews take place: Wednesday 24th August 2022
We are delighted to offer a unique opportunity to lead our successful Sound Check programme and a new Sound Check Traineeship, the result of a partnership between Future Yard CIC and The Learning Foundry. Sound Check provides young people with the opportunity to gain the skills and experience to pursue a career in the live music industry.
Are you an experienced live music sector professional? Are you passionate about sharing your knowledge with young people? Do you want to join one of the most exciting new music organisations in the UK?
We are looking to recruit a Sound Check Programme Lead Tutor – in partnership with The Learning Foundry – to lead on the delivery of our Sound Check programme, as part of the expanding skills and training offer at Future Yard.
As Programme Lead Tutor, you will deliver engaging and inspiring training and employment programmes to support young people to achieve their goals and introduce them to the skills they need to pursue a career in the live music industry.
You will support learners to gain hands-on skills at live events, which will lead to opportunities for them to progress into employment, apprenticeships, and / or Further Education Based at Future Yard in Birkenhead.
Based at Future Yard on Argyle Street in Birkenhead, Sound Check supports young people from all backgrounds to build their skills and knowledge in a real industry setting. The Sound Check Traineeship is open to those aged 16-24, living in or near Liverpool City Region. The programme is free for young people to access and designed as an alternative pathway into music industry careers, specifically targeted for those too often excluded from the sector.
We are looking for experienced live music industry professionals with equally good communication skills who aim to inspire and enthuse young people with a love of music and support them to build the skills for a future career in the live music industry. Successful candidates will have a wealth of experience within the live music industry, potentially some teaching experience (though this isn’t essential) and will demonstrate a desire to learn and to develop professionally. The ability to work on your own initiative, but also as part of a team to deliver collective success, is essential.
Applicants with a background in live sound, lighting, event management and delivery are particularly of interest; though those with a background in other areas of live music are also encouraged to apply.
If you are an experienced live music industry professional who can demonstrate a passion to work with young people, are positive, creative and professional, we want to hear from you.
We are particularly looking for people who have:
- a passion to support young people and adults to achieve their fullest potential, no matter what their background, starting point or situation.
- at least 5 years’ professional experience within the live music industry.
- a robust knowledge and experience of the workings of a grassroots live music venue.
- excellent interpersonal skills and confident, capable communication skills.
- experience of working with individuals who are not in employment, education or training and delivering employability qualifications.
- teaching experience is desirable.
- a minimum of grade C Mathematics and English or Level 2 Functional Skills.
- be able to work as part of a dynamic team, across The Learning Foundry and Future Yard, with flexibility and an appetite to continually develop.
- a strong awareness and understanding of the challenges young people may face, including mental health.
- a driving licence and access to own car.
The post holder will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check, and you will be required to work Monday evenings and some weekends.
Applications must be made via The Regenda Group. The closing date for applications is 19th August 2022.
The Learning Foundry is owned by The Regenda Group, who are managing the application process.