NEAR NORMAL COVID-19 MEASURES
We are committed to providing a safe and secure environment for audiences, artists and staff at our venue for this run of limited-capacity Near Normal shows at Future Yard. Our full risk assessments for these events are included below, along with a summary of the processes we will be implementing. These risk assessments are informed by the latest government guidance for public entertainment venues, and are in compliance with the current limitations on private social gatherings.
NB: we have amended our risk assessments and measures following the UK government’s latest announcements regarding public restrictions.
For the run of Near Normal shows taking at place at Future Yard this autumn, the following measures will be in place:
- Social distancing will be enforced throughout the venue (2m where possible, 1m between audience ‘pods’ in performance space).
- The venue’s capacity is limited to ensure this social distancing can be enabled. Our regular capacity is 350 – these shows are capped at a maximum of 60 people.
- Shows will operate on a 10pm curfew, consistent with current restrictions.
- All tickets must be purchased in advance. There will be no cash sales at the venue.
- Any audience members who have COVID-19 symptoms, live with those with symptoms or who have been advised by NHS Test And Trace to self-isolate, must not attend the event.*
- The lead booker on all transactions will be listed as the contact for NHS Track And Trace. Contact details will be held for a maximum of 28 days.
- Masks must be worn throughout by all attendees and production staff. This is consistent with government guidelines for entertainment venues. Artists within their fixed bubble may not wear a mask when performing on stage.
- Audience members are permitted to remove their masks within their designated pods to enjoy drinks. Audience members must wear face coverings at all other times outside of their designated pods, e.g. when going to the toilet.
- Staff members will wear specific PPE (eg. visors) to ensure that they can communicate with audience members.
- Audience members will be housed/situated within a ‘pod’ in the performance space, consisting solely of their ticket groups. These groups have been limited to a maximum of two people.**
- Pods are located within the performance space to ensure a minimum of 1m social distancing between groups.
- In a bid to recreate the atmosphere of a live event, all pods will be standing. Each pod will have a tall table. Stools can be provided upon request.
- Arrival times at the venue will be staggered to ensure social distancing. Audience groups will be allocated an arrival time – please stick to these allocated times closely. These arrival times will be communicated to audience members along with their digital ticket, which will be emailed prior to the event.
- We will be operating table service only for drinks. Drinks will be served to individual pods by Future Yard staff. Orders will be taken via the Qbunk app, which can be downloaded in advance or when you are in the venue.
- We will be taking no cash payments. All drinks must be purchased through the Qbunk app. A contactless card payment machine will also be available.
- Multiple hand sanitising stations will be in place at accessible points throughout the venue. We encourage regular use of these for all audience members.
- There will be no cloak room in operation.
- Artists and production staff will be working in fixed teams, and will remain at least 2m from audience members at all times.
- To maintain social distancing, toilet capacity will be managed by a traffic light system.
- All toilets, high usage areas and surfaces will be fully disinfected before and after each event. Work surfaces will be disinfected regularly during each event.
- We have installed a new ventilation system within our performance space and stage area, drawing clean air from outside and extracting ‘used’ air from the venue. The system is specified to x20 air changes per hour and is consistent with the latest SAGE guidance.
- We encourage people to walk and cycle to the venue where possible. If using public transport, please abide by current restrictions.
- Audience members are advised to travel with their booking group only.
*If you or any member of your audience group identify as high risk or clinically vulnerable, we encourage you to read our full risk assessment for full overview of our procedures, and seek expert medical guidance to determine if it is safe to attend.
**If audience members are planning on attending with someone who is not included within their ticketing group, please email us ASAP on email@example.com (minimum of two days before the event).
If you require further clarification or additional support, we will do our best to accommodate your needs where feasible. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download and view our full risk assessments below. We thank all audience members in advance for their patience and co-operation. We believe that these measures will enable us to host live events in the safest possible environment.