NEAR NORMAL COVID-19 MEASURES
We are committed to providing a safe and secure environment for audiences, artists and staff at our venue for this run of limited-capacity Near Normal shows at Future Yard. Our full risk assessments for these events are included below, along with a summary of the processes we will be implementing. These risk assessments are informed by the latest government guidance for public entertainment venues, and are in compliance with the current limitations on private social gatherings.
NB: we have amended our risk assessments and measures following the UK government’s latest announcements regarding public restrictions.
For the run of Near Normal shows taking at place at Future Yard this autumn, the following measures will be in place:
- Social distancing will be enforced throughout the venue (2m where possible, 1m between audience ‘pods’ in performance space).
- The venue’s capacity is limited to ensure this social distancing can be enabled. Our regular capacity is 350 – these shows are capped at a maximum of 60 people.
- Shows will operate on a 10pm curfew, consistent with current restrictions.
- All tickets must be purchased in advance. There will be no cash sales at the venue.
- Any audience members who have COVID-19 symptoms, live with those with symptoms or who have been advised by NHS Test And Trace to self-isolate, must not attend the event.*
- The lead booker on all transactions will be listed as the contact for NHS Track And Trace. Contact details will be held for a maximum of 28 days. We will also encourage all attendees to check in using the official NHS Track And Trace app using our venue QR code.
- Masks must be worn throughout by all attendees and production staff. This is consistent with government guidelines for5 entertainment venues. Artists within their fixed bubble may not wear a mask when performing on stage.
- Audience members are permitted to remove their masks within their designated pods to enjoy drinks. Audience members must wear face coverings at all other times outside of their designated pods, e.g. when going to the toilet.
- Staff members will wear face coverings at all times.
- Audience members will be housed/situated within a ‘pod’ in the performance space, consisting solely of their ticket groups. These groups have been limited to a maximum of two people.**
- Groups are limited to two people from the same household.
- Pods are located within the performance space to ensure a minimum of 1m social distancing between groups.
- All pods will be seated, with a stool provided for each audience member. When audience members are in their pod, they must be seated.
- Arrival times at the venue will be staggered to ensure social distancing. Audience groups will be allocated an arrival time – please stick to these allocated times closely. These arrival times will be communicated to audience members along with their digital ticket, which will be emailed prior to the event.
- We will be operating table service only for drinks. Drinks will be served to individual pods by Future Yard staff. Orders will be taken via the Qbunk app, which can be downloaded in advance or when you are in the venue.
- We will be taking no cash payments. All drinks must be purchased through the Qbunk app. A contactless card payment machine will also be available.
- Multiple hand sanitising stations will be in place at accessible points throughout the venue. We encourage regular use of these for all audience members.
- There will be no cloak room in operation.
- Artists and production staff will be working in fixed teams, and will remain at least 2m from audience members at all times.
- To maintain social distancing, toilet capacity will be managed by a traffic light system.
- All toilets, high usage areas and surfaces will be fully disinfected before and after each event. Work surfaces will be disinfected regularly during each event.
- We have installed a new ventilation system within our performance space and stage area, drawing clean air from outside and extracting ‘used’ air from the venue. The system is specified to x20 air changes per hour and is consistent with the latest SAGE guidance.
- We encourage people to walk and cycle to the venue where possible. If using public transport, please abide by current restrictions.
- Audience members are advised to travel with their booking group only.
*If you or any member of your audience group identify as high risk or clinically vulnerable, we encourage you to read our full risk assessment for full overview of our procedures, and seek expert medical guidance to determine if it is safe to attend.
**If audience members are planning on attending with someone who is not included within their ticketing group, please email us ASAP on email@example.com (minimum of two days before the event).
If you require further clarification or additional support, we will do our best to accommodate your needs where feasible. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download and view our full risk assessments below. We thank all audience members in advance for their patience and co-operation. We believe that these measures will enable us to host live events in the safest possible environment.
Our Sound Check training programme takes place at Future Yard this autumn, running from October to January. Groups of participants are limited to ensure social distancing guidelines can be enforced. On top of the base guidelines in place around our Near Normal shows, we have devised our a specific set of guidelines for each of these sessions.
- Group size limited to x7 participants, with 2m between each person for all seated indoor sessions.
- Social distancing guidelines of 2m enforced throughout all other practical tasks.
- All participants and staff will be required to wear a mask when entering the building and during practical sessions. When seated side-by-side and 2m apart, participants may remove their face covering.
- Staff must wear face coverings throughout.
- All participants and staff must sign in using the official NHS Track And Trace app prior to each session.
- Shared equipment to be cleaned regularly and thoroughly disinfected after use.
- All staff and participants encouraged to increase the frequency of hand cleaning and sanitising while indoors.
- Use of ‘fixed teams’ for artist and production crews.
Download and view our full risk assessments below.
In the event of a participant or member of delivery staff testing positive for COVID-19, we have devised the following protocol which outlines all of the measures we will take. Download and view the full protocol below.